Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Versailles...


Thousand things to say about Versailles but what comes first to mind is spectacularly grandiose- and sparkly for sure!I think what I appreciated the most were the guided tours we took. I swear I could have spent a week going back and forth just to gobble up more info (hubby would have divorced me for sure).

This month there's also une exposition of  Louis François Lejeune (1775-1848) of Napoleon's Wars. another way of telling history with this great artist since that's not all he was at the time; Lejeune was also into politics and a soldier...so he was actually there to see it all! History painted live.  I would love to be there to see this.

A personal favourite of mine- hmm...I wonder if this one is in the exhibit?







5 comments:

Akissfromthepast said...

this palce is something i want to experience some day!
have a great day!
akissfromthepast.blogspot.com

Lucy said...

Hi there a kiss from the past:) You have a great little video that made my day as well over at your blog:)

BurtonReview said...

Gorgeous sparkliness.. love your new header photo. Makes it more uniquely yours, doesn't it?
XXOO

Unknown said...

I can imagine that the guided tours are the way to go - otherwise it is all just visual (which is still fantastic)!

doublexuan said...

Heavenly... I am so frustrated that I missed Versailles out when Iw as in Paris last month :(

http://what-if-illustrations.tumblr.com/