Saturday, January 28, 2012

Missing Paris...

Probably sounds strange that after almost three months of being back from a week long trip to Paris...I finally get to write a bit about it now. I’ve been hanging onto the lovely memories and the amazing things I saw and now I finally have some time to blog about it:)
We pretty much got up early every morning-map in hand- and off we went scouring through Paris and its surroundings. Amongst other things, I got to see Versailles- The private rooms (I took a Conference tour which was detailed to the max! And I loved every minute). Marie Antoinette’s Trianon was a dream (conference for that too).
Le Louvre was immense and non-ending (just like I remembered it). I revelled at my favourite works of art as my VERY patient husband was the perfect touring partner-if it weren’t for him I would have gotten lost most of the time!
And what about Josephine...Yes! I did visit Malmaison and loved the town as well. I ended that day with a special walk to la Petite Malmaison. I must admit that I was very welcomed by the Count himself who is now the owner of Josephine’s prior estate. A refreshing tea was served and a description of Josephine’s roses and the nurseries that she tended to was very informative.
We saw so much! I’ll be posting photos as I go along. Today I just wanted to give you a bit of a taste of what I enjoyed.







6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I'm so excited to check out your trip. It must have been wonderful to see all of the things that you love reading about!

Lucy said...

You got it Heather- it was great:)Thanks so much for stopping by!

Marg said...

Sigh.... I haven't been in Paris for 17 years and I still miss it!

Great photos! Thanks for posting them.

Laura at Library of Clean Reads said...

What a fantastic trip! And the pics are lovely. I hope to visit Versailles one day. Thanks for sharing, Lucy!

Anonymous said...

I used to live in Rueil! We took all of our visitors to Malmaison. Did you get to see the lovely statue of Josephine in the Bois Preau and her tomb in the Eglise St. Pierre-St. Paul?

Kaity Broadbent said...

You got it Heather- it was great:)Thanks so much for stopping by!