Saturday, May 15, 2010

Catherine de Medici...

As some of you may already know- I love history- and I love to draw historical figures. I’m presently working on an art journal based on books I’ve read for my very own:

The art journal itself is actually part of the Review journal challenge back at my friend Roberta’s place: Contain-It.

I’ve put together a few pictures for my journal which I’ll upload sometime next week to show you my progress.

But today, I'm posting Catherine de Medici that  I’ve drawn for the book I just finished reading: THE CONFESSIONS OF CATHERINE DE MEDICI, by C.W. Gortner (you can read my review here).

This is a wonderful book- and if you’re interested in reading more about the whole fabulous event and to join some great giveaways- go check this out.

Here’s Catherine as a teenager...still so young, yet off to be married to the Dauphin of France, soon to-be, Henri ll.
 

5 comments:

BALLET NEWS said...

thank you for all this wonderful information !

Ms. Lucy said...

You're welcome:) Hope you join the fabulous giveaways! Loved the Maria Engel post, btw:)

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

Hi Ms. Lucy, your teenage Catherine is full of character! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Ms. Lucy said...

Hi Patsy:) Thanks for your comment!

Ian said...

interesting,bravo.