Friday, October 16, 2009

Some Montreal Bloggers Meet-Up...

Happy Friday Everyone!  The weekend is almost here- time to relax...except if you live at my house (I think the weekends are even scarier!)

Today I want to share with you  a fun thing that happened last week...

Ever since I started blogging (almost a year ago!), I've met so many wonderful bloggers- some of the kindest, friendliest, smartest and most interesting people ever...too bad we only get to know eachother online--BUT-- This wasn't the case last Thursday evening!

A local Chapters Indigo here in Montreal was hosting a book signing by Kelley Armstrong and I had read through some of my favourite blogs, and Twitter, that a few Montreal bloggers were going to be there.  It just so happened I had an appointment somewhere with my daughter that evening- right close by to Chapters...so I made it a point to pop in.

It was almost closing time as I snooped in and started checking for familiar blog faces- and there they were!
I finally got to meet Cindy from Cindy's Love of Books, Linda from Bambi Reads and Donna from BookBound.  We just got to chit chat for a bit before heading off to our own homes.  It was great to be able to see the person behind that teeny blog picture:) These ladies are major readers and their reviews rock! If you haven't already done so- go check out their blogs now- they're great!

Here's our picture of the happy meet-up; which BTW, we're planning on doing again real soon....Donna isn't in the picture unfortunately (she's the one taking it...oh, and here's an update...Donna just opened a bookstore!)


Cindy,me and Linda


14 comments:

avisannschild said...

OK, next time, I have to be there too! No fair meeting up without me! Seriously, I'm happy to hear you're considering joining us again!

Kim said...

How fun! I think some big league bloggers should plan some kind of bookish gathering and invite online blogger friends. It would be great!

Lucy said...

Hey Avis! This was spur of the moment- yet turned out perfectly. I so wish I could do the monthly get-togethers -only not on Sundays! Ahh..one day:)

Hi Kim:) That would be such a great idea! Someone should really set up something like that:)

Donna said...

Great post, Lucy! I never thought there'd be so many bloggers in Mtl in meeting distance! So much fun! Cindy has suggested meeting at the new Chapters store in Laval...

Lucy said...

Hey Myckyee! Meeting in Laval would be excellent for me and for sure I'd be able to meet you...and if it has to be on a Sunday, I could at least get away for a quick visit:)

Linda Nguyen said...

Yes, we could plan to meet at the new Indigo in Chomedey, Laval. I think that would be fun. Perhaps we can all meet for once. Oh... I'm getting excited already. =)

Lucy, have you gone to see the new Indigo? I went yesterday for a visit and I like it. =)

cindysloveofbooks said...

Lucy what a great write up. It was great to finally meet you if only for a few minutes. Its so nice to put faces to the blogs.

Yes we will have to arrange a meeting in Laval since its so near a metro station. I will mention it on the 25th and let you know.

Arleigh said...

Oh how neat! I think Amy from Passages to the Past is the only person in Georgia close to me.

Lucy said...

Hi Linda:) I haven't gone yet but am planning a visit probably this weekend! I'm not even sure of the location yet - I'll check it out.

Hi Cindy:) Meeting in Laval would be so perfect for me too! Let me know what the others think:)

Hey Arleigh:) Imagine how nice it would be for us to be able to meet- for now we'll have to settle with Blogland:) I didn't know that about Amy- I thought she was somewhere near Tampa Florida?

Allie ~ Hist-Fic Chick said...

Lucy that event sounds like such fun!! I love meeting in person the people I've gotten to know so well through blogging...our hist-fic community and the book blogging community in general is so warm and wonderful and I wish we ALL lived closer to each other so that we could have raging weekly book parties together! :)

avisannschild said...

Oh I'm glad to hear the Indigo is near a metro station! Sounds like we have to make this happen!

Lucy said...

Allie! That would be so fun- can you imagine!

Avis...We're doing this!Yay:)

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

This is so cool! I cant wait to do things like that! :)

Jenny Girl said...

Awesome! Great picture of you gals as well. Glad you had an excellent time and thanks for sharing.