Friday, May 1, 2009

Why I Love Blogging

A Blog about a Blogging Party…What fun! The original creator of this Blog Party is Joy from Cupid’s Charm. She sent out this great invitation to bloggers who were interested in sharing their thoughts on blogging. The theme: Why I love blogging

So, here are my reasons…


Someone just recently told me that I’ve got way too much ‘material’ in my head…I suppose this is why I feel the need to share- and blogging is the one way for me to do so.


History, art, reading and writing have always been there for me. I’ve never gone into these as true subjects (in the scholarly sort of way)- maybe it’s because deep down I feel that making it that formal and serious would certainly take away the passion. I much rather live these forms through a hobby; this way I can truly enjoy myself and be as creative as I can.


So why do I love blogging? Well, blogging let’s me express myself without boundaries- I can write about anything I truly am passionate about and actually share it with other like-minded souls. Blogging let’s me connect with people who have the same interests. I don’t have to get personal if I don’t want to; the choice is mine. It’s different than something like Facebook, I think. That sort of thing isn’t for me. I’m not one to want people to know every little detail of my life or day (Twitter fits the category as well). No- with blogging I’m the one who decides that which I wish to express and share. I think there’s so much freedom in that.


Another thing I love about blogging is knowing that I’m no longer just researching, writing or creating for myself only. I love to share my interests, and blogging lets me do just that. Along the way, I’ve made so many wonderful friends as well. I’ve been blessed to find kind, creative, interesting and informative bloggers from whom I’ve learned so much! Who would have thought that what began as a mere interest outlet could bring me so much more…

Why do you love blogging?





-

15 comments:

Debby said...

It has been nice to find your blog. I am giggling about way to much material in your head, sometimes I wonder if it will ever shut off..Have a nice day.
Debby

sallymandy said...

Thanks, Ms Lucy! I'm glad to hear these thoughts from you about blogging, many of which I share. I don't think there's any other form of expression quite like it, do you? It's been very fun and rewarding exploring it for me, too.

I'm glad you share some of that busy material in your head because I always enjoy your posts so much.

Tara said...

How wonderful for all of us who want to read about these fun topics, but don't want to do the research. I love hearing about European history and Royalty.
I'm so glad I found you today and will come back to read what goodies you have to share!
Have a splendid day!

Arleigh said...

And you have such great ideas and information to share! I feel the same about blogging, though I do Facebook -- have to keep up with non-book reading folks in my life.

My Twitter is only book related stuff.

Yvette Kelly said...

Hey its me again.Not sure if you know but something has happened to your blog format.

Theresa said...

Happy Blog Party! How lovely to share all the wonderful things you do. I will come back to your world often. It is a treat~
Glad to meet you ~Theresa

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

I'm happy to meet you and read all about your fascination with history. Wonderful! ~Stacy~

Anonymous said...

Blogging has provided a wonderful outlet for so many of us "creative" women. I've enjoyed my visit here.
Happy Blog Party Day!
Charlotte

Ingrid Mida said...

Hi Lucy,
I share your feelings exactly. In fact, I think you were one of the first blogger friends I made. How you found me I'm not sure, but I am ever so glad that you did!
Have a wonderful weekend.

May said...

Lucy, your blog is wonderful! Thank you for sharing your passions with us.

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Happy blogging party, Ms Lucy. I enjoy your information that's finding a way to the blog-you really have a kind of newspaper feature here...history, books and life presented with an artistic flair by Ms. Lucy. Lovely blog! <3

Geralyn Gray said...

Happy beautiful blogging day!!!! Your blog is truly interesting!

dragonflydreamer said...

You have a wonderful blog and the visual make up of your blog is like finding something so beautiful you thought you could only imagine it in your head. The richness of the damask backgroud looks almost like black velvet and the diamonds are the perfect fashion accessory. I am also very interested in history, art, reading and writing. Those were my first loves. I am very excited about returning to begin learning more about you and your passions. I'm so happy the Beautiful Blogging party has lead me to your door. Have a wonderful weekend. Stop by and visit me on one or both of my blogs.

Joy Jones said...

Hello Lucy! I loved your quote about having too many thoughts in your head...I so understand that! I wanted to stop by and thank you for participating in the Beautiful Blogging Party!! I hope you enjoyed the event and also enjoyed meetings lots of new bloggers. Have a beautiful week ~ Joy

Scully Love Promo said...

You do have a wonderful blog Lucy and your passion for books, history and blogging really shines through. My love for history has grown throughout the years because I love to travel when I can and I've been to Ireland three times...the history there is simply magnificent (not to mention I'm a big fan of castles too) and it helps one to gain so much more insight into the people of a certain place. I've always been drawn to Ireland and believe I must have had several past lives in Celtic countries. I really want to go to England, Scotland and Wales next and continue my journey throughout them. One of the books that I will always love which is considered fantasy but to me is also historical fiction is The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. It's a definite favourite of mine and anything to do with Arthurian legend and mediaeval times has always been of great interest to me. You are now shedding some light on a different part of history and I am really enjoying it!

Have a fabulous day my new friend!

Cheers,
Christine